Monday, March 12, 2007

Killing the days

Ahhhh the unpredictability of travel. As per my last posting, I was hoping to hike across the border and catch the twice weekly ferry to the Chilean town of Villa O´Higgins on Wednesday. Turns out that as of this week, the ferry changes to only once weekly, on Saturdays, thus requiring me to kill a whole week until Sat before I can catch the ferry!! I was pissed off for about 10 minutes because it was this week of all weeks that the Wed service had ended and had I done the proper research ahead of time I would have known this and made sure I connected with last Saturdays ferry. Oh well, know I will just be killing the days until Saturday, doing a few hikes that I wouldn´t have done otherwise. Who knows, maybe something good will come out of it. I´m doing a lot of reading and crossword puzzles, anything to keep my busy. I even met up with my Irish buddy Vincent from my Ushuaia hike. My iPod is in need of a charge and I have no access to an outlet so there will be no tunes for me untill I reach Chile next week. I´ll check in again next Sunday when I (hopefully) have successfully completed my border crossing at long last.

No comments: