Saturday, February 10, 2007

On being alone in a *enter superlative adjective here* part of the world

I´m quickly realizing that it would be wise from now on to curtail my usage of superlative adjectives when describing my location. If I don´t begin limiting my use of words like ¨gorgeous¨ ¨amazing¨ and ¨spectacular,¨ by the time I am in the Chilean lakes district in April my attempts at describing the azure waters and orange foliage there will fall on deaf ears. You readers will be thinking: ¨Does he really expect me to believe that this place is just as amazing as that Ushuaia place he was descibing a few months ago?¨

This all being said, I believe that Ushuaia is truly a unique place. The combination of its special geographical location and awesome landforms make it a location I already know I am going to be sad to leave. The only thing that could make a place like this better is having someone to share it with. I think the hardest part about my trip being of the solo variety is not having someone to just talk to about where I am at that moment. When you have a travel partner you can actually say ¨hey, look over there, isn´t that beautiful!¨ This may not seem like much but being able to share these thoughts with someone while travelling in one of the most beautiful parts of the world is important. Perhaps this is why I am doing a much better job so far of keeping up this blog than I did while travelling with Lindsay in SEAsia last year. During that trip I had an outlet for my thoughts beside me at all times. Nowdays, this blog is about as good as it gets!

No comments: