Monday, February 19, 2007

Viajar a dedo

Either not enough of you wished me luck or the Fuegian drivers were not feeling generous today, but I had no success at my attempt at viajar a dedo or ¨traveling by finger¨. I waited for an hour about 10 km north of Rio Grande town and nobody stopped for me. I would say about 25 vehicles passed in an hour and not one even slowed down. I tried to make myself look as non-threatening as possible but it did not work. Oh well, I will try to buy a bus ticket for tomorrow and I really really hope there is a seat open. Getting stranded here for a week waiting for the next bus seat out of town could get old really quickly. I don´t particularly have anything against this town it´s just that there is nothing to do and I´m ready to get to Chile and visit some penguin colonies.

1 comment:

David said...

Aw, man - I'm gonna be so jealous if you get to see penguin colonies!