Saturday, April 14, 2007

San Martin de los Andes

Greetings from San Martin de los Andes, a small town of 20,000 nestled in the mountains of the northern Argentine lakes district. The town has a very coloradoish/ski town type feel. All the signs and street numbers are made of carved wood and the town has an expensive look and feel to it. Tomorrow is my last full day with my dad and we plan to rent some mountain bikes and cycle around the surrounding lakes and viewpoints. The weather is actually supposed to be clear so I think it should make for a nice day.

Most of today was spent bussing it up here from Bariloche, through a stretch of dirt road dotted with small lakes tucked into snow clad hills. Strangely we had a huge bus all to ourselves so we could stetch out and take in all the views at our leisure. Monday I plan to head much further north after parting ways with my dad, likely all the way to the wine country of Mendoza, a 18 hour bus ride from here!

No comments: